With the Spotify app on Apple Watch, you can make music streaming more flexible without carrying mobile phones everywhere, especially when you are doing sports or having any other outdoor activities. But it's a pity that only a certain version of Apple Watch (running watchOS 6 or later) can install the Spotify App and only the Spotify Premium users are allowed to download Spotify playlists on Apple Watch.
Therefore, to help you download music from Spotify to all versions of Apple Watch and enjoy the offline function even with a free Spotify account, this post will show you the ways. Now, scroll down and continue reading.
Part 1. Download MP3 Spotify Playlist to Apple Watch Without Premium
Not all Spotify users have subscribed to Spotify Premium, therefore, the first method provided here is available to assist Spotify free users to download Spotify playlists to Apple Watch by using a powerful Spotify playlist downloader.
To make it possible for all users to download Spotify playlist to Apple Watch without Spotify Premium, TuneFab Spotify Music Converter is equipped with the in-built Spotify Web Player to let you sign in and access all music resources to download offline. No matter for Spotify music or podcast playlists, the software can let you download for offline playback at once. Its batch downloading speed can reach 35X faster and saves much time for you!
Also, TuneFab Spotify Music Converter provides popular formats and also high-quality options to download Spotify playlist to Apple Watch, making sure that you can have the best music streaming experience on your smart watches. By selecting the most popular audio format MP3 to save the downloaded Spotify playlists, you can also transfer them to all devices than Apple Watches to play without limitations!
● Auto-playlists analysis feature - through embedding the Spotify Web Player to the program, you can directly select Spotify playlists and proceed with the auto analysis conveniently. ● Popular encoders to export Spotify playlists - the program provides all popular encoders such as MP3, M4A, FLAC, WAV, AIFF, AAC, and ALAC to export Ogg Vorbis Spotify playlists at the best 320Kbps. ● Speedy performance up to 35X faster - to ensure high productivity, the program has developed at least 35X faster speed to manipulate the batch Spotify playlists download swiftly. ● ID3 tags and metadata information retained - each Spotify song will be downloaded accompanied with original ID3 tags and metadata information for convenient music management offline. It can even categorize the songs to different folders by the settings you have made.
Steps to Download Playlist on Spotify via TuneFab Spotify Music Converter
Step 1. Log in Spotify Web Player
First, install TuneFab Spotify Music Converter and open the program. After entering the Spotify Web Player from the welcome page, please click on the Log in button to sign in utilizing your Spotify free account.
Step 2. Select Spotify Playlists
In the Spotify Web Player, you can freely select the Spotify playlists you want to download to Apple Music, then drag them to the Add button aside to proceed with the playlist analysis.
Step 3. Configure Output Parameters
Subsequently, please turn to Menu >> Preferences for personalizing the output parameters before proceeding with the Spotify playlists download. The Output Format, SampleRate, and Bitrate are all available to be altered here.
Step 4. Complete Spotify Playlists Download
Congratulations! The final step is here now. Please click on the Convert All button to initiate the Spotify playlists download in no time. Once it completes, you can access the downloaded Spotify songs under the Finished module and click on the View Output File button to prepare to transfer Spotify playlist to Apple Watch immediately.
How to Listen to Downloaded Spotify Playlist on Apple Watch
When the Spotify playlists are downloaded successfully, subsequently, proceed with the following procedures to save music from Spotify to iPhone, then sync with Apple Watch to play Spotify playlist offline on the devices even without bringing iPhone with you.
Transfer Spotify Playlists to iPhone
First, you need to follow the steps below to transfer the Spotify playlist to iPhone using iTunes (Windows and macOS Mojave or earlier) / Finder (macOS Catalina or later).
On Windows and macOS Mojave or Earlier (with iTunes)
Step 1. Connect your iPhone to the computer. Then open iTunes and click the device icon to connect your iPhone with the software.
Step 2. Then you should click "Music" on the left menu. After this, tick "Sync Music" and then the "Selected playlists, artists, albums, and genres" option.
Step 3. Finally, just choose the downloaded Spotify playlists and click "Apply" to transfer them to your iPhone immediately.
On macOS Catalina or later
Step 1. Also, connect your iPhone with the Mac computer and then open Finder to sync with the device.
Step 2. Choose the "Music" tab, and you should check the "Sync music onto [Device] option.
Step 3. Now, select "Selected artists, albums, genres, and playlists" and also add the downloaded Spotify playlist you just get from TuneFab Spotify Music Converter for adding.
Step 4. Finally, click "Apply" and the Spotify playlist will be added to your iTunes and sync to your iPhone immediately.
Download Spotify Playlist to Apple Watch
When you have saved the downloaded Spotify playlists to iPhone, then you can begin to download Spotify playlist to Apple Watch. There are two methods provided for you.
Method 1: Directly Listen to Downloaded Playlist on Apple Watch (with iPhone)
Replacing importing the Spotify playlists to Apple Watch, you can choose to pair your iPhone with the watch to process the downloaded music playback directly. Once synchronize the Spotify playlists to your iPhone, you are able to connect your Apple Watch with the device or to the same Wi-Fi signal, subsequently, while you stream the Spotify playlists on iPhone, your Apple Watch will also play them directly.
Method 2: Sync Downloaded Playlist from iPhone to Apple Watch (Without iPhone)
If you wish to throw down your iPhone and directly play downloaded Spotify playlists on Apple Watch without iPhone, you would need to transfer them to Apple Watch first. To do this, please follow the guide here:
1. Tap to open the Watch app on your iPhone.
2. Scroll down and select Music >> Add Music.
3. Import the downloaded Spotify playlists to add.
4. Once complete, you can access the downloaded Spotify playlists on Apple Watch later, even without iPhone connection.
Part 2. Download Spotify Playlist on Apple Watch with Premium Account
Instead of installing another software to download Spotify playlist on Apple Watch, a direct way is to become a Spotify Premium subscriber, then the Spotify playlist download on Apple Watch will be easy as a piece of cake! Please scroll down to access the manipulation with details to master the way to download the Spotify playlist on Apple Watch and have the offline music playback conveniently.
Tip: However, a disadvantage of this method should be that Spotify officially only allows to download a whole Spotify playlist at once. If you only want to add some of your favorite songs to your Apple Watch to play offline, you will need to add them to a playlist and then do it separately. But using TuneFab Spotify Music Converter, can be more flexible because the software also supports downloading Spotify single songs for you, but not a whole playlist.
How to Install Spotify App on Your Apple Watch
Before getting started, you ought to complete the Spotify app installation on Apple Watch in the first place.
>> Get Spotify App from App Store on Apple Watch
When the App Store is installed on Apple Watch, you can directly open it and access the Spotify app to complete the installation on the watch in no time following these procedures:
1. Open App Store on Apple Watch directly.
2. Tap Search to access Spotify app.
3. Open the Spotify information page and tap Get to proceed with the installation. You will be required to double-click the side button to initiate the Spotify installation then.
>> Get Spotify App From iPhone to Apple Watch
Instead, it is also available for you to get the Spotify app installed on Apple Watch through iPhone. Please follow the guide to walk through the installation:
1. Open Watch app on iPhone and scroll download to Available Apps.
2. Find Spotify from the list.
3. Tap the INSTALL button aside and the app will be installed to your Apple Watch in no time.
How to Download Spotify Playlist on Apple Watch
When the Spotify app is available on Apple Watch now, Spotify Premium users can get the Spotify playlist download to Apple Watch directly through these procedures:
1. First, open the Spotify app on your iPhone and access a playlist you wish to download to your Apple Watch.
2. On the page of the playlist, click the More button.
3. Select the Download to Apple Watch option to complete downloading the Spotify playlist on Apple Watch.
Subsequently, you can access the downloaded Spotify playlists by opening Spotify app on Apple Watch and switching to the Downloads module. Then you can play them back offline even without connecting to your iPhone or the Wi-Fi signal.
Part 3. Bonus Tip: How to Fix Apple Watch Won't Download Spotify Playlist?
It would be quite frustrating when your Apple Watch fails to load the downloaded Spotify playlists for you to enjoy offline. Here are several possible resolutions you can try to overcome this obstacle:
● Try to connect with other faster Wi-Fi signals and download the Spotify playlists once again. ● Repair the Apple Watch with your iPhone to reload the Spotify playlists. ● Restart your iPhone and Apple Watch to reload the Spotify playlists again. ● Uninstall the Spotify app from Apple Watch and reinstall it once again. ● Updating both the Spotify app and your watchOS system.
To sum up, based on whether you have subscribed to Spotify Premium or not, you have different solutions to downloading Spotify playlists to Apple Watch. For Spotify free users, TuneFab Spotify Music Converter will be the best way to work it out. Also, when you get the downloaded MP3 Spotify playlists, you can also save them to more devices than Apple Watch to enjoy offline! With this guide, have a try then enjoy the free Spotify playlists streaming offline on your Apple Watch even without iPhone! Enjoy!