Each of us may encounter problems when downloading audio tracks in the format of FLAC but it is incompatible with the player. The reason is that the player can't decode FLAC. Importantly, in order to decompress the FLAC files, we need to look for FLAC converter for converting FLAC to MP3, WAV etc. Below is a list of the best FLAC converter review of 2018. We are going to talk about not only desktop programs but also online FLAC converter.
- Part 1. Best 5 FLAC Converter
- Part 2. Great FLAC Converter Online
Part 1. Best 5 FLAC Converter
FLAC, short for Free Lossless Audio Codec, is a kind of lossless audio format, which means it offers the same quality as the original audio file. The FLAC audio file takes up much less space on your hard drive than the original audio file but it isn't compatible with all kinds of devices. So the following converters come into being to fix this problem.
1. MediaHuman Audio Converter - Simple Interface to Use
MediaHuman Audio Converter has a simple and easy-to-use interface, it enables you to drag and drop the audio files you need converted directly into the program, choose an output format, and then start the conversion. What's more, it is is designed to work well with iTunes, if all your songs are based on a Mac, this is a versatile and dependable converter.
* Input Formats: FLAC, AAC, AC3, AIF, AIFF, ALAW, AMR, APE, AU, CAF, DSF, DTS, M4A, M4B, M4R, MP2, MP3, MPC, OGG, OPUS, RA, SHN, TTA, WAV, WMA, and WV
* Output Formats: AAC, AC3, AIFF, ALAC, FLAC, M4R, MP3, OGG, WAV, and WMA
2. Freemake Audio Converter - Multiple Options
Freemake Audio Converter offers you with multiple options for managing music files and converting them to whatever format you desire. The additional advantage with this tool is that it can process and convert multiple files at the same time and performs multitasking as well. But you need to buy the Infinite Pack to convert audio files that are longer than three minutes.
* Input Formats: FLAC, AAC, AMR, AC3, M4A, M4R, MP3, OGG, WAV, and WMA
* Output Formats: AAC, FLAC, M4A, MP3, OGG, WAV, and WMA
3. SUPER - Excellent and Free
SUPER will be your first choice when you are looking for a very much superior free audio converter. It has the long list of audio formats it supports. You can also extract the audio from most common video formats with SUPER and save it to any of formats.
* Input Formats: FLAC, 3GA, AAC, AC3, AMR, AMV, APE, ASF, AVI, AVS, CMF, CPT, DAT, DTS, DV, DVR-MS, FLC, FLV, GXF, IFO, M4A, M4V, MPR, MTS, M2TS, MKV, MMF, MOV, MP2, MP3, MP4, MPC, MPP, MPG, MTV, MXF, MXG, NSV, OGG, OGM, OFR, QT, RA, SHN, STR, SWF, TAK, TS, TRP, TTA, VIV, VQF, VOB, WAV, WEBM, WMA, WTV, and WV
* Output Formats: AAC, AC3, AMR, APE, DTS, FLAC, MMF, M4A, MP2, MP3, MPC, OGG, RA, SHN, TAK, TTA, WV, WAV, and WMA
4. Switch Sound File Converter - Universal Software
Switch Sound File Converter is another FLAC converter that supports loading the whole folder for batch conversions and it is equipped with lots of advanced settings. You can also use it to extract audio from your video files and CDs/DVDs, as well as capture audio from a live audio stream from the internet.
* Input Formats: FLAC, 3GP, AAC, ACT, AIF, AIFC, AIFF, AMR, ASF, AU, CAF, CDA, DART, DCT, DS2, DSS, DV, DVF, FLV, GSM, M4A, M4R, MID, MKV, MOD, MOV, MP2 ,MP3, MPC, MPEG, MPG, MPGA, MSV, OGA, OGG, QCP, RA, RAM, RAW, RCD, REC, RM, RMJ, SHN, SMF, SWF, VOC, VOX, WAV, WMA, and WMV
* Output Formats: AAC, AC3, AIF, AIFC, AIFF, AMR, APE, AU, CAF, CDA, FLAC, GSM, M3U, M4A, M4R, MOV, MP3, MPC, OGG, OPUS, PLS, RAW, RSS, SPX, TXT, VOX, WAV, WMA, and WPL
5. Hamster Free Audio Converter - Fast Installation Speed
Hamster Free Audio Converter is a free audio converter that can be installed quickly. It has a minimal interface with easy-to-use editing tools. You are allowed to merge and convert audio files by using the converter.
* Input Formats: FLAC, AAC, AC3, AIFF, AMR, MP2, MP3, OGG, RM, VOC, WAV, and WMA
* Output Formats: AAC, AC3, AIFF, AMR, FLAC, MP3, MP2, OGG, RM, WAV, and WMA
Part 2. Great FLAC Converter Online
With online tools, you don't need to download too much software program to help you handle media content issues. Take a quick look to see if the two online converters meet your needs.
1. Zamzar - FLAC to WAV Converter
Zamzar is an online audio converter service that supports most common music and audio formats. Just upload FLAC file from your computer or enter a URL to an online file, after converting, it can output WAV, MP3 files etc.
* Input Formats: FLAC, 3GA, AAC, AC3, AIFC, AIFF, AMR, APE, CAF, M4A, M4P, M4R, MIDI, MP3, OGA, OGG, RA, RAM, WAV, and WMA
* Output Formats: WAV, AAC, AC3, FLAC, M4A, M4R, MP3, MP4, OGG and WMA
2. Convert Files - Free FLAC to MP3 Converter Online
Convert Files helps you convert FLAC to MP3 file format easily. You just need to upload a FLAC file, then select MP3 as the output file format and click on convert. After the conversion is complete, download the converted file in MP3 format and you also have an option to send it to your email for storage via a unique download link that no one else can access.
* Input Formats: FLAC, AAC, AMR, AU, M4A, M4R, MKA, MP3, OGG, WAV, and WMA
* Output Formats: MP3, M4A, MKA, AAC, AU, AMR, OGG, WAV, and WMA
Best FLAC converters, with both desktop software and online tools, are listed above. They can really help you convert FLAC files to any other formats. There's always one for you, just freely choose and try them. If you've got feedback after using those converter, please leave us a commoment or you can share with your new discoveries with us!