Updated on March 06, 2019
As an Audible member, you can listen to the high-quality audiobooks online or offline with the authorized smartphone, tablet or computer. But you might run into trouble like this: You kept receiving an error saying "file format is not supported" when playing the Audible AAX file with your VLC or MP3 player.
If your device is not compatible with the AAX format, you might need to use an AAX to MP3 converter to convert Audible AA/AAX to MP3. It's the simplest solution for using your Audible file easily.
To save your time of searching for the best AAX to MP3 converter, here are the top 3 Audible to MP3 converters that we highly recommend.
Top 1. TuneFab Audiobook Converter – Unlock DRM and Convert AAX
If your AAX audiobooks are downloaded from Audibe.com, they should be AAX or AA files, which are protected with DRM. To convert Audible audiobooks to MP3, you’d better use a specially made converter like TuneFab Audiobook Converter.
Obviously, TuneFab is able to convert Audible AA/AAX audiobook to plain formats because it has the ability to bypass copyright protection. 99% of the converters cannot decrypt DRM so that they fail to convert protected audiobooks. But TuneFab Audiobook Converter is more powerful, it can remove DRM completely and convert AAX to MP3 or other audio formats, such as M4A, FLAC, AAC, AC3, etc. with ease.
● Convert AAX to MP3/M4A
● Convert Audible AA to MP3
● Convert Apple Music tracks
● Save metadata and ID3 tags
● Preserve audiobook chapters
● 16X faster converting speed
● Compatible with iTunes library
● It can only be used on computer
Top 2. AAX to MP3 Online Converter – Only Convert DRM-free AAX
The second option is to use an online audio converter to convert AAX to MP3. There is no need for installation, just go to the online website and convert any file you want. It's easy as a pie.
I have tested more than 10 online converters recently, and Online Audio Converter is my favorite. Its website has a user-friendly design. And its audio converter has many useful features, such as convert AAX to MP3, advanced settings, edit track info, make iPhone ringtone, etc.
● Add files from local folder or Google Drive, Dropbox or URL
● Convert audio file to MP3, WAV, M4A, FLAC, OGG and more
● Make iPhone ringtone
● 4 output quality options: Economy (64Kbps), Standard (128Kbps), Good (192Kbps) and Best (320Kbps)
● Support advanced settings: change bitrate, sample rate, channel, etc.
● Edit track info
● Cannot convert Audible AAX file. (If your AAX file is DRM-free, you can convert it with this online tool)
Top 3. Audible Audiobook Recorder
The final method is to record your own AAX audiobook with an audiobook recorder and then convert the recordings to MP3. I won't say this method is easy, though. It might take much of your time recording the AAX audiobooks chapter by chapter. But if you think this option works for you, you can give it a try.
TuneFab Screen Recorder can record anything playing on your computer, including your Audible audiobooks. So you can play audiobook on your computer and meanwhile record them automatically with TuneFab's recorder. When it’s done, you can save the audio recorder as MP3 file.
● It can record Audible AA or AAX audiobooks
● It can convert recorded files to another format, such as MP3, MP4, etc.
● It's time consuming and you cannot do things on your PC during the recording process
With no doubt, TuneFab Audiobook Converter is the best tool for converting AAX to MP3. Let’s cut to the chase and see how to use it to convert all your AAX audiobooks to MP3.
Before we get started:
● You should install iTunes on your computer. iTunes 12.2 or higher is required.
● You should import your AAX audiobook to iTunes library. If iTunes won't play the AAX file, then TuneFab cannot convert it either.
● This tutorial is suitable for both Windows and Mac user.
Step 1. Launch TuneFab Audiobook Converter
Download the program on your Windows or Mac. Next, install the program and launch it.
Step 2. Add AAX to Audiobook Converter
You can add the AAX audiobook directly from the software's main interface.
Click "Audiobook" tab in TuneFab, all audiobooks stored in your iTunes library will display in the main screen. You will see the audiobook info such as name, genre, kind, artist, etc.
Choose the AAX file you want to convert by clicking at the checkbox.
Step 3. Choose MP3 as Output Format
After selecting the audiobooks you want to convert, you can go to "Output Settings" to select MP3 as the output format. After that, you can choose the output destination by clicking at "Output Folder".
Step 4. Convert AAX to MP3 with One-Click
Finally, click the "Convert" button to start converting AAX to MP3. The conversion process won't last long, but if you want to make it faster, you can select the conversion speed as 5X or higher.
As you may find out that usual audio converters are not able to convert DRM-protected .aax Audible audiobooks. If you want to convert AAX to MP3 in an easy and quick way, a specialized audiobook converter is required. The best option is to use TuneFab Audiobook Converter which can easily decrypt DRM and convert AAX to MP3, M4A, AAC, FLAC, AC3 and more.
GET OUR NEWSLETTER
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more...Click Here to Subscribe ▶