In today's digital age, streaming platforms like Spotify have become immensely popular for their convenience. However, there are times when downloading tracks for offline playback becomes a necessity. Whether it's to enjoy music offline in areas with limited internet access or to save on data usage, knowing how to download Spotify songs to your mobile device is indispensable.
While both Android and iPhone support offline downloads on Spotify, this article specifically caters to Android users, given their widespread usage and significance in the market, and will explore multiple methods for downloading Spotify songs on Android, including the official method of using the Spotify Premium download feature and 2 extra ways of using Spotify song rippers without a Premium subscription.
Let's dive into it to enhance your music-listening journey!
Part 1: How to Download Music from Spotify to Android Phone with Premium
In this section, we'll explore the methods provided by the official Spotify app for downloading music for offline listening. This feature is available to all users with a Spotify Premium subscription. You can use this feature whether you are using an Android phone, tablet, or any other device compatible with the official app.
Here is how to download songs on Spotify on Android with Premium:
Step 1. Launch Spotify App on your Android device and then log in to your Premium account.
Step 2. Search for the song you want to download and tap the downward-facing arrow to start the downloading process.
Step 3. The downward-facing arrow would turn green as the download completes. You can find all the downloads in Your Library.
Part 2: How to Download Spotify Songs on Android without Premium
While the official approach of downloading Spotify songs offers convenience, it comes with several limitations. Notably, it requires a Premium membership, and the downloaded songs are protected by DRM, limiting playback exclusively within the Spotify app and preventing usage on any other device, anytime.
If you prefer not to pay for a Premium subscription or wish to continue enjoying offline Spotify songs after your Premium membership expires, we recommend turning to third-party software solutions. With it, you can download songs from Spotify for free as local files, and then play them on any device at any time.
Method 1: Using TuneFab Spotify Music Converter
In this part, we'd like to introduce a professional third-party tool, TuneFab Spotify Music Converter, to help you download Spotify music without Premium. With this downloader, you can easily download Spotify songs, playlists, and podcasts to your computer (Windows & Mac) without restrictions and then transfer them to your Android device and any other players.
Its user-friendly interface, support for various output formats, one-click batch downloading, and ability to bypass DRM protection make it a reliable and efficient tool for expanding your music collection and enjoying your favorite Spotify songs on multiple devices hassle-free. Both Spotify free and premium users can easily log in to their Spotify account on the built-in Spotify web player, and then download Spotify songs as MP3 files without restrictions.
Related Article: How to Download Music from Spotify to iPhone
Key Features of TuneFab Spotify Music Converter:
• Download and Convert Spotify Music - It allows users to download and convert Spotify songs, playlists, albums, and even video streaming podcasts to mainstream formats like MP3, M4A, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, etc.
• Remove DRM Protection - TuneFab Spotify Music Converter can bypass the DRM protection applied to Spotify songs, making them accessible outside the Spotify app.
• Maintain Original Audio Quality - The software ensures that the converted songs retain their original audio quality, providing a high-fidelity music experience.
• 35x Faster Batch Conversion - Users can convert multiple Spotify tracks or entire playlists at once with 35x faster download speed, greatly saving time and effort.
• Preserve ID3 Tags & Metadata - It keeps all ID3 tags, including song titles, artists, albums, and artwork, ensuring a well-organized music library.
• Categorize Output Songs - It supports categorizing downloaded Spotify songs into different output folders and allows users to customize the names of converted audio files, enhancing organization and personalization options.
With all the powerful features above, you can download Spotify songs on your Android without hassle.
Step 1. Launch TuneFab and Log in
Launch TuneFab Spotify Music Converter on your computer, and then log into your Spotify account in the built-in Spotify web player.
Step 2. Select What You Want to Download
Search for your desired songs/playlists/podcasts in the search bar, and then drag and drop them to the blue "+" icon on the right side. You can also copy the Spotify URL and then paste it onto Spotify Music Converter to get started.
Step 3. Customize Output Settings
Choose MP3 as the output format. You can also customize other parameters such as bitrate and sample rate by going to the Preference settings.
Step 4. Convert Spotify Songs to MP3
Simply click on the "Convert All" button to begin the conversion process. Once done, you can find all the downloads in the "Finished" section.
Step 5. Transfer the Downloads to Android Phone
Simply connect your Android phone to your Windows or Mac computer using a USB cable, then drag and drop the downloaded Spotify music to your Android device's external storage.
Once the transfer is complete, you can now enjoy your favorite Spotify tunes on popular Android brands like Samsung, OnePlus, Pixels, and more.
Method 2: Using SpotiFlyer
If you don't like the computer-based operation of downloading Spotify songs on your computer and converting them to Android, there is another option. You can use SpotiFlyer, a user-friendly music downloader, to effortlessly download Spotify music directly to your Android device and enjoy offline listening without a Premium subscription.
📌 Tips: While SpotiFlyer is so convenient, it has limitations such as no batch downloading, occasional bugs, and device restrictions. For a more versatile solution to enjoy Spotify songs on multiple devices, we recommend using TuneFab Spotify Music Converter that offers strong stability, one-click batch downloading, and wide device compatibility.
Here are the simple steps of how to download songs on Spotify on Android using SpotiFlyer.
Step 1. Download and install the SpotiFlyer app on your Android phone.
Step 2. Open the Spotify app and select the song/playlist you want to download. Tap the three dots in the upper right corner, then click "Share" to copy the link.
Step 3. Paste the link into SpotiFlyer's input box and click the download button to download Spotify songs without premium on Android.
FAQs about Download Songs on Spotify on Android
Q1: Why Can't I Download Songs on Spotify App on Android?
There could be several reasons for not being able to download songs on the Spotify app for Android. We have listed some of these reasons and solutions.
• No Premium Subscription: Upgrade to Spotify Premium to access the download feature.
• Insufficient Storage Space: Free up enough storage space on your device for downloads.
• Poor Internet Connection: Ensure a stable Internet connection during downloads.
• Exceeding device limit for offline listening: Check and reduce the number of devices used for offline listening to three or fewer.
• Reached the maximum download limit: Remove some downloaded songs to make space for new downloads.
In order to solve all these problems in one click and make downloading Spotify music easy and hassle-free, we recommend TuneFab Spotify Music Converter for a better user experience.
Q2: How to Release Spotify Storage on Android？
Spotify can take up a lot of your phone's memory due to factors like offline downloads, caching, album art, and streaming quality settings. You can reduce Spotify storage on your Android in the following ways.
• Clear Spotify Cache:
1. Open the Spotify app, and go to "Settings."
2. Tap "Storage," then select "Clear Cache."
• Remove Spotify Downloads:
1. In the Spotify app, go to "Your Library" > "Downloads."
2. Select songs/playlists, and tap "Remove Downloads."
• Reduce Download Size of Spotify Files:
1. In the Spotify app, go to "Settings" > "Music Quality."
2. Choose lower-quality settings for downloads.
Having covered various methods of how to download songs on Spotify on Android in the preceding sections, you now have the flexibility to choose the most suitable approach for enjoying your favorite songs offline.
Whether you prefer the official Premium method or opt for the convenience of third-party tools like TuneFab and SpotiFlyer, the key is to enhance your music experience and make the most of your Spotify library.
In the end, we again highly recommend TuneFab Spotify Music Converter as a top choice for a seamless and versatile solution. With TuneFab, you can download and convert Spotify songs without a Premium subscription, bypassing DRM protection and enjoying them offline on multiple devices. Elevate your music experience and unlock the full potential of Spotify with TuneFab Now!