January 20, 2019
Spotify has launched many different features to attract more music fans, such as visualization, DJ, and MV. Though some of them has been canceled, there are many useful features survive. Take Spotify Podcasts for example, it offers a more diversified way for us to stream what we love on this media streaming services.
In May 2015, Spotify announced podcast and videos to "bring you a deeper, richer, more immersive Spotify experience", said by Daniel EK, CEO of Spotify. In March 2017, Spotify also introduced its new partners, WNYC Studios. WNYC podcasts has bring various podcasts to Spotify such as Note To Self, Here's the Thing and On the Media. The Podcast feature is available for both Spotify Free and Premium users. This feature can be found in Browse section in homepage. There are various of categories, Educational, Comedy, Stories, News & Politics, Arts & Entertainment, Sports & Recreation, Music, Lifestyle & Health, Games, Business & Technology and Kids & Family, you name it.
Spotify podcast is available on different devices including desktop, webplayer, Android and iPhone. The steps of playing Spotify music on different devices are similar, but the interface are a little bit different. Let me introduce you the interface separately.
Method #1. Play Spotify Podcasts on Desktop
Go to "Browse" > "PODCASTS" to check the podcast library. Scroll down and there are different sections shown: Featured Podcasts, Featured Episodes and Categories.
You can also find your favorite Podcasts from the search box. Type in the keywords into the search box and hit on Enter button to move on. After that, the system will list all the related results from the Songs, Artists, Albums, Playlists, Podcasts & Videos, Podcast Episodes, Video Episodes and Profiles. Only top 4 matching results of each section will be shown, you can click one of them, or if you don't find the one you are looking for, you can click on "SEE ALL" next to the section to check more related ones.
Method #2. Stream Spotify Podcasts on Webplayer
Visit the Webplayer on your computer. Click on "Home" and scroll down to find the podcasts section. Click to play the podcasts or "VIEW MORE" to dig into more podcasts.
Note: It's a real pity that podcasts search is not available on Webplayer. You can only search for artists, songs, albums and playlists.
Method #3. Add Spotify Podcasts on Android/iPhone
Launch Spotify for Android on your smartphone. Then, in the "Home" section, scroll down to stream podcasts that you are interested in. There are 2 podcasts shown in the interface, you can scroll left or right to discover more podcasts.
To search more podcasts efficiently, you can hit on the third options "Search" at the bottom of the interface. Type in the keywords at the search box and hit "Enter" to move on. 4 most related podcasts and videos will be listed in the interface. You can choose "See all podcasts & videos" to preview more.
Note: Even though the screenshots captured from Android phone, it's works on iPhone as well. You can give it a try if you use iPhone.
If you have no idea which podcast to stream for relaxing after work, I can recommend 10 best Spotify podcasts for entertainment:
1. Playboy Entertainment - Spoken editions of Playboy articles, interviews and exclusives
2. The Nintendo Entertainment Podcast - All about The Outerhaven's official Nintendo
3. Now Hear This Entertainment - Interviews with success guests in entertainment business
4. Plugged In Entertainment Reviews - 60s review of hot music, TV series and movies of the day
5. IGN Game and Entertainment News - Games, movies, TV shows, comics, tech news
6. HuffPost Entertainment - New bands, hottest TV shows, rising stars and the next blockbuster
7. Family Divided - Two cousins from "The Regio" on a weekly sports & entertainment podcast
8. Entertainment Earth Podcast - Latest news on action figures, downloadable video games, etc.
9. ScreenPicks Entertainment Podcast - Upcoming films being released, award shows and TV
10. Fish Strong (With The Salt Strong Brothers) - Fishing interviews, tips and fishing celebrities
If you play Spotify podcasts somewhere having a bad Internet connection, you'd better have them downloaded and played offline to ensure a better using experience. However, this download feature is only available for Premium users. How to play Spotify podcasts offline? Try TuneFab Spotify Music Converter on your computer and read on.
1. What TuneFab Spotify Music Converter Can Help?
• Download Spotify music, playlists and podcasts without Spotify Premium
• Simply Drag-and-drop steps to download Spotify podcast
• Convert Spotify podcast to MP3 format as backup
• Set bitrates and sample rates to change sound quality
• Save ID3 tags automatically
2. Solution on Downloading Spotify Podcasts
Step 1. Launch Spotify Music Converter on Computer
Download TuneFab Spotify Music Converter on your PC/Mac and launch it.
Step 2. Add Spotify Podcasts to Convert
Simply drag podcasts from your Spotify Music to the converter and click "Add" to move on.
Step 3. Choose MP3 as Output Format
Go to "Option" > "Advanced" and choose "MP3" in the Format section.
Step 4. Start Converting Spotify Podcasts
Choose "Convert" after everything is ready.
Now, you can play the downloaded podcasts on any device you want which supports MP3 format. It is quite simple, isn't it? With the same steps, you can convert Spotify songs to Onedrive as well. No more worry about wasting cellular data to stream Spotify podcasts.
GET OUR NEWSLETTER
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more...Click Here to Subscribe ▶