May 10, 2018
Watching DVD discs was the great pleasure we used to share the time with family or friends. For nowadays you may keep a number of DVD discs, and they will inevitably be scratched or damaged as the growing times for playing. So it is necessary to rip and keep them in a safer way. That's why so many people looking for DVD rippers. In this post, we will give you the answer. We recommend the best DVD ripper for you, and offer the guide how to rip DVD to computer hard drive in detail. See them below.
TuneFab DVD Ripper is the best DVD ripper that is available both for Windows and Mac. By using this program, you can rip and watch DVD movies with up to 6x ripping speed. It also enables you to convert DVD movies to common formats such as MP4, AVI, MOV, WMV, MKV, MP3 and backup them to PC folders easily. Before ripping DVD, free download the suitable version on your computer.
[Tutorial] How to Rip DVD to Computer Hard Drive
The following user guide is only with 4 step and one of them is even optional. So it won't take you much time to read it. Just install this program in your computer first. And be ready use it with the tutorial.
Step 1. Load the Source Files
Open the TuneFab DVD ripper. Then click "Load Disc" to load your DVD disc (or DVD Folder, DVD IFO Files).
Step 2. Choose Output Format
Click "Profile" on the interface to choose a video format. You can also adjust the audio and video parameters by clicking on the "Settings" button.
Step 3. Edit DVD Videos (Optional)
This step is for detailed setting. If you want to add special features to your DVD video, you can click "Clips" to set rotate, 3D, crop, effect, and watermark.
Step 4. Start Video Conversion
As you can see, if you finish the previous steps, you are going to rip DVD now. It is really easy for every user. Just click on the button "Convert", and you can enjoy the videos now.
See the vivid tutorial video also, and learn how to use quickly.
We also recommend two free DVD rippers for those only rip DVD once in a hurry, and in this situation any handy ripper can work, though this kind of DVD ripper is usually not that professional and reliable.
Option 1. HandBrake
HandBrake is free for ripping DVD and has gained its popularity in many people for a long time. It supports nearly all formats and can rip DVD with easy-to-use steps.
How to rip:
1. After download and installation, insert DVD to your computer hard drive, and open the HandBrake.
2. Click "Source" button to select DVD title you need to rip. But if you download the version lower than 0.9.5., you can only rip one title at a time.
3. Go to "Destination" and click on the " Browse" button, which you can set the output file location and rename the file.
4. Click on the "Start" button, HandBrake will rip and convert DVD. Just wait.
Option 2. VLC
VLC is a free and open multimedia player that can plays multimedia files like DVD, VCD, and other formats files on Windows, Mac, Linux, etc. It is convenient and easy. You can also rip DVD with it. However, VLC cannot rip protected DVDs. So before you are going to rip, check if your DVD has copy protection.
How to rip:
1. Download and install. And then launch it.
2. Insert DVD to the DVD drive of your computer. When the computer scans your DVD, click "Media" > "Convert/Save..." from the menu.
3. Click "Disc" and the content of disc selection will show up. Fill the options and click "Convert/Save".
4. Click "Profile" to select a output video format. Then turn to "Browse", where you can set the location of "Destination file".
5. Click "Convert" button at the top. That's it.
In conclusion, rip DVD to computer hard drive will just be as easy as a cake with the DVD ripper we highly recommend. TuneFab DVD Ripper will never let you down. Hold this chance to try and check if this DVD ripper is exactly what you need.
GET OUR NEWSLETTER
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more...Click Here to Subscribe ▶