June 02, 2018
SlySoft had stopped all its services as it had violated some regulatory requirements, probably the legal issues on violation of AACS LA (Advanced Access Content System Licensing Administrator) for DVDs and Blu-rays. It is a pity to see SlySoft's closing down because it had offered good DVD ripping services to its users for nearly 13 years but the fact is that it is gone forever. Here comes a problem. AnyDVD users are probably figuring out how this is about to affect their version of AnyDVD in terms of its functions. Maybe it would work as usual with the current and past releases but it may not support future versions because of its lack of updates. Thus, it is urgent for them to choose another alternative and this article has collected the Top 5 AnyDVD alternatives for you.
AnyDVD HD is a Windows-based program that removes restrictions of DVD and Blu-ray media automatically in the background. AnyDVD HD selectively remove region codes, thereby making the movie region free and comfortably viewable on any DVD/Blu-ray player and with any DVD/Blu-ray playback software. Before SlySoft's closure, lifetime updates cost $115 or more while 1 year updates for $60.
The following are some special features that AnyDVD is characterized by.
1. It works automatically in the background.
2. It can disable forced subtitles, and forced delay.
3. It can get rid of Studio Logos and warning messages.
4. It works on-the-fly void of storing data on your hard disk.
Though AnyDVD has its own unique features, we cannot ignore its limitations.
1. Only support Windows
2. No more updates in the future
3. Cannot crack every region code limitation
4. Does not recognize Disney DVDs and remove CSS
Due to AnyDVD's original limitations and SlySoft's closure, another AnyDVD alternative is in great need. Luckily, there exist other DVD rippers that outperform AnyDVD. The following are Top 5 AnyDVD alternatives to help you rip commercial DVD discs. Here we go.
Top 1. TuneFab DVD Ripper
TuneFab DVD Ripper is the Top 1 alternative to replace AnyDVD due to its stunning DVD ripping performance. Luckily, both Windows and Mac users can access this software. It allows you to free download a trial version to experience first before you decide whether it is worthy of you purchase. It is a professional and reliable DVD ripper that enables you to convert the DVD files to common digital formats like MP4, AVI, MOV, WMV, MKV together with breaking the DVD's copy protection with 100% original output quality in a 6x faster speed. Download the trial version to experience first.
1. More than 300 formats covering almost every mobile device
2. Giving you a 6X faster ripping speed saving you lots of precious time
3. The original audio tracks and subtitles can also be preserved in your preferences
4. Allowing you to edit the videos before ripping to make them more funny and interesting
6. Automatically updates to the latest version if there is any update available without extra charge
Top 2. Freemake Video Converter
Freemake Video Converter can not only convert files from your hard drive to almost any format, it can also be used to download and convert online videos from the likes of YouTube.With simple editing tools to trim unwanted footage, the ability to add subtitles, and convert to and from DVD, Freemake Video Converter has all of your everyday conversion needs covered – and more.
1. Absolutely free. No trials or limitations
2. Download and convert online videos, like YouTube
3. Converts videos between lots of formats and gadgets
Top 3. Pavtube ByteCopy
Pavtube ByteCopy is a better solution to backup lossless MKV files and ripping Blu-ray or DVDs to almost all popular video formats. Better than lossless output, it makes it possible for its users to recode the source movie into MKV/MP4/MOV/M4V video with certain video/audio codes.
1. Back up BD/DVD to MKV, and save all the tracks, subtitles, and chapter tags
2. Convert latest Blu-ray/DVD movies for Android/iOS/Windows devices
3. Change the original 2D Blu-ray and standard DVD to a 3D one
4. Remove unwanted subs streams and audio tracks at will
Top 4. Magic DVD Ripper
Magic DVD Ripper is a program helping users to rip and convert DVD losslessly to VCD, SVCD, AVI(Xvid, DivX), WMV, MP3, MPEG2, MP4 formats, with which users are able to backup DVD videos to hard drive so that they can enjoy high quality DVD films anytime anywhere even if there doesn't have a DVD player.
1. Rip DVD to MP3, MP4, WMV, MPEG2, Xvid, DivX, AVI, VCD and SVCD formats
2. Remove all the restrictions of DVD (CSS, RCE, Sony ARccOS, PuppetLock)
3. Copy the movies from DVD and split DVD-9 into 2 DVD-5
4. Compress DVD to fit on a 4.7 GB disc
Top 5. HandBrake
HandBrake is a free and open-source transcoder, developed in 2003, helping ripping DVD films to digital video files easier. It is also a multi-platform transcoder, and is available on Mac, Linux and Windows. It is simple to use to rip DVD files.
1. Supports Linux, Mac and Windows running systems
2. Allows users to convert videos from almost any format
3. Output files can be customized through "Constant Quality"
Did we miss any software and would you recommend (or discourage) any of these AnyDVD alternatives? Let us know in the comments!
GET OUR NEWSLETTER
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more...Click Here to Subscribe ▶