April 30, 2018
Have you ever tried to the screencast of your computer? What purposes push you to look for a program with screen recording features? Making video tutorial? Recording gameplay? Or capturing online video for offline watching? Whatever, a screen recorder is helpful when you need to record something about your screen activities. However, most of the screen recorders differ from price to functionality which makes you hard to decide. Besides, other features such as adjustable video frame, cut-and-paste editing options, recording time, direct link to social media which you can also take into consideration when you need to pick out the best screen recorders from tons of programs.
So, according to the various features of recording software and different needs of users, we make the following list of 10 best screen recorders for your reference. Most importantly, they are free.
No 1. TuneFab Screen Recorder - Make Your Own GIF
TuneFab Screen Recorder, as the professional screen recording tool, it can record and capture anything from your computer screen. After completing the recording, the output quality is so brilliant that you don't need to improve with other programs anymore. It's out of your imagination when you try it. The powerful and most helpful features of this software make it stand out from other software.
- Capture videos in the format of MP4, WMV, MOV, F4V, TS, AVI;
- Choose GIF as the output format if needed in making GIF animation;
- Record audio separately and output MP3, MP3, M4A, AAC file;
- Easily record gameplay, Skype calls, online video, and Powerpoint presentation with audio;
- Allow to select the 1080P resolution of video;
- Support taking the screenshot;
- Hotkeys can be reset.
No 2. DVDVideoSoft's Free Screen Video Recorder - Support 10 Languages
Free Screen Video Recorder is a full-featured but lightweight free screen recorder. It is able of recording Skype conversations and online conference calls without any limitations.
- Capture multiple windows and objects including multi-level menus;
- Resize, crop and rotate output images;
- Highlight your cursor path for clarity;
- Record video with sound (from the microphone) in MP4;
- Save screenshot in BMP, JPEG, GIF, TGA or PNG formats.
No 3. Bandicam - Capture 4K Screen
Bandicam is made by Bandisoft Company, which offers an easy-to-use interface to record 4k videos and gives high-quality results. You can go either for this option for recording the video in your preferred 4k quality. It is a desktop screen recording tool and video/game recording software which offers different recording modes.
- Capture screen and external video devices in 4k video quality;
- Record gameplay and choose YouTube presets in order to change the resolution and optimize the captured 4K YouTube video;
- Settings are simple to allow to get total control for recording 4K videos;
- Recording speeds and compression rates are satisfying.
No 4. FlashBack Express - Free
FlashBack Express features to be a pretty useful tool without having to spend any money. The intuitive interface of this recording software makes the basic screen recording a simple task.
- Unlimited recording length;
- Permit multi-screen recording;
- No watermark added after recording;
- It is only compatible with Windows and the free version only outputs WMV format.
No 5. OBS Studio - Gamer's First Choice
OBS Studio is the open source software which is ideal for both video recording and live streaming, letting you record from multiple sources including external microphones, webcams, etc.
- Provide image masking, color collection, and many other visual filters
- Integrate other video and images into recordings
- Capture user-defined sections of the screen and live gameplay footage
- Allow recording in multiple formats
No 1. QuickTime Player - No Much Installation
QuickTime Player is the default Mac video player but also the recording software that not so many people know this. It takes few clicks for recording. Just go to "File > New Screen Recording" when it is prompted.
- Show the mouse and add microphone audio in the recording video;
- Meet the needs of the people who don't like to install too much software;
- Have the ability to edit the recorded video.
No 2. Apowersoft Free Online Screen Recorder - Online Tool
Apowersoft Free Online Screen Recorder is a browser-based tool, which means it's not suitable for games, but for any other tasks like presentation, software demonstration or tutorial, it's ideal.
- Need to download a small launcher application at the first time using;
- Offer customizable keyboard shortcuts for speed and convenience;
- Various formats like MP4, WMV, AVI, MOV to choose;
No 3. Monosnap - Share Your Recordings
Monosnap is a free screen capture application and includes features like inbuilt image editing, the option to upload your files to your own server and finally screen recording.
- Easy to use interface without complicated operation;
- Allow to upload and share the link when connecting to Monosnap account;
- Your friends can download and stream the recordings after sharing the link.
No 4. Jing
Jing, developed by TechSmith, is a small yet effective tool for screen capturing tool, available free. The software lets you plan, record and share videos in a matter of seconds.
- Free tech support is provided;
- Create video tutorials of up to 5 minutes and no audio recording supported;
- Have the option to use the mic when recording.
No 5. Snagit
Snagit, also developed by TechSmith, helps a number of professionals and individuals to capture and record their screen for multiple purposes.
- Add visuals to the documentation;
- Create quality screenshots, custom graphics;
- Editing functions are diversified but only a few clicks.
All the 10 best screen recorder for Windows and Mac have listed above, and you can try them free. If one of them catch your heart deeply, or you have a better recommendation, please feel free to let us know.
GET OUR NEWSLETTER
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more...Click Here to Subscribe ▶