August 11, 2017
If you are a big fan of Apple Product and enjoy iTunes media very much, you must know something about Requiem. This is a multifunctional program which helps iTunes media get rid of DRM encryption. With its high-quality conversion and easy operation, Requiem once became prevalent. However, to most people's surprise, it stopped its steps on 4.1 version. Why?
Requiem is a freeware which is able to help the iTunes media get rid of FairPlay DRM encryption (a DRM technology developed by Apple Inc). It can remove DRM without any quality loss and with no decoding or re-encoding. Requiem is available on Windows, Mac, and Linux. It used to be popular among Apple users, but it stopped to upgrade from V4.1 in 2012.
Although Requiem has been successful for owning a large consumer groups, it was defeated in the fierce competition with Apple Company. Apple manages to restrict this program in 2012. So Requiem failed to be compatible with higher version than iTunes 10.7. In other words, if you want to use it, you have to downgrade your iTunes to V10.7 or lower.
To adopt Requiem, you have to downgrade your iTunes to V10.7 or lower first.
1. You would fail to bypass DRM from iTunes rental since the limitation of Requiem.
2. Java plug-in is needed for Windows users.
Step 1. Download Requiem
Here the download sites are provided:
Step 2. Sync Requiem with iTunes
Double click on the program, then it would detect the DRM-protected files, including music, videos, or audiobooks, etc. on your iTunes Library automatically, and begin to remove DRM from them.
Step 3. Get DRM-free files
After the conversion, your original files would be transferred to trash, and now your files in iTunes Library are DRM-free.
Nevertheless, using Requiem, you will find it inconvenient to downgrade iTunes to lower version just for removing DRM from iTunes media. So I’d like to recommend another alternative of Requiem to you. That is TuneFab.
#1. TuneFab Apple Music Converter - Requiem Alternative to Bypass DRM from Music, Audiobooks
• Remove DRM from songs of Apple Music that have been purchased.
• Convert the format of Apple Music, or AA/AAX audiobooks into plain MP3, AC3, AIFF, FLAC, etc.
• Adjust the conversion speed.
#2. TuneFab Apple Music Converter(Mac) - Requiem Alternative to Bypass DRM from Music, Audiobooks
• Convert Apple Music and M4P tracks to MP3, AC3, M4A, M4R, AIFF, FLAC, MKA or AU.
• Convert iTunes and Audible Audiobooks to MP3 or M4A remaining chapters' information.
• Remain all metadata of the files
• Support the latest iTunes version and macOS Sierra 10.12.6
#3. TuneFab M4V Converter (Mac) - Requiem Alternative to Bypass DRM from M4V Videos
• Convert purchased and rental M4V videos to MP4 or AU.
• Transfer purchased M4V videos to more than 5 devices
• Enjoy rental M4V movies for more than 24 or 48 hours
• Be compatible with latest iTunes version and macOS Sierra 10.12.6
Requiem would be a great choice since it needs no charge and with high quality, but its compatibility is limited. So you can try other alternatives. TuneFab would be a good choice!